American Pokemon American Pokemon

As always great animation and character design

You've done a great job as always with the animation, the character design and the voice acting. This is the least we can expect from you and you did deliver.

Unfortunately, I'll be one of those who protest to the subject matter. Not that I'm offended or anything like that. I really am not. It's just that I think satire suits the people (or subjects) who are worth it. Disease isn't one of those (perhaps with some exceptions, like STDs). There is nothing wrong with making viewers feel uncomfortable, either. Why the hell not?

It's just that people with terminal diseases usually feel alone in their agony, even if they are surrounded with loving and caring people. Let alone the solitude they already feel, satire in this sense can make them feel that others want to isolate them as well. You can give the impression to some that's it's ok to make fun of cancer. Not you and me, of course, but you know, kids also watch these and I don't think I need to tell you how insensitive kids can be.

The Shape of Love The Shape of Love

Nice!

Awww!!! Nicely animated, nicely coloured! Adorable message! Very cute!

Bear Bear Bear Bear

Rightfully one of the best in NG!

Aaaah!!! It makes you feel all soft and cuddly, inside!!!
Great animation, good concept, beautifully timed plot turns, fitting soundtrack! This is very skillfully made indeed!!!

The Dude Game The Dude Game

Ahem...

Well, it's ok, I guess. Some of the puzzles were interesting, but, man, a division by zero gives infinity, not zero. Check your math...

lollipopers582 responds:

thanks one of the best coments ive heard from this game. i believe your wrong in the math part if the 0 is being divided its infinity but if its something divide by 0 its 0. i asked my algebra teacher.

Spot The Red Dot Spot The Red Dot

The concept is ok.

It's ok. Pretty easy of you zoom in, but it's a sound idea. It would be better if you added some music to it, an ending (cause at some point the screen just turned white and that was it).

Perhaps if this game didn't give me such a suspicion that it would turn out to be a screamer or something, it would have been more enjoyable.

Other than that, it's pretty nice.

FlashSims responds:

i fixd that problem enjoy =)

Bunni: How we first met Bunni: How we first met

Very nice indeed!

This is an addictive game indeed! And very well made! I do understand that it is a beta, so I'll try to be helpful with a little bug reporting.

After completing the game and only having to pick up the "Login next day" achievement, when I logged in again and picked up the heart, I never got to see the message, cause the graphics froze. Clicking on any item on screen, brought it back to its senses, but I tried this twice and both times I didn't manage to read the popup.
Another thing I noticed late in the game was a number of floating 10*woods* , 10*gems* etc (by the way, for some reason only with the number 10), from the ones that float towards the score, just hanging in steady positions, in the middle of the UI.
After destroying a few buildings with bombs, a number of "trasure boxes" kept appearing on the same spot (around the destroyed Tower of Love), opening and raising the stats constantly.

At least these are the ones I personally noticed. Other than that, this is a really great game!

Buy Our Merch (Indigo League) Buy Our Merch (Indigo League)

Finally, a song worth reviewing!

I really don't like giving bad reviews, cause I can't imagine myself writing something like "You have to study music and production and, if you do that, I will review your next submission in a couple of years". It's insulting and at least you have to give credit to people for trying.

Of course, this is definitely NOT the case!

Great structure and very strong transitions. The dynamic range of the composition is also very good and the crescendos are very well done!

The vocals are nicely recorded and the backing vocals are not intrusive, which is customary to this style and so they are fitting perfectly to the track's needs. The guitar parts are also very well recorded and I love the scooped Mesa type of tone you've used. The solo is structured and well played, while avoiding unnecessary doodling. Both the production and post-production are very good with levels and Eq allowing for all the instruments their breathing space and I am very happy the track isn't squashed. I actually measured the dynamic range to about 8 dB in the choruses (perhaps with a slight variation upwards if I hadn't measured it from the 128 bit mp3). You might have got away with as low as 6 dB in such a track, but I'd hate it if it was even less than that, like Metallica's 4 dB...

Now, I really want to do some constructive criticism, so I actually forced myself to listen very closely and get into nitpicking mode. :-)
I have to make myself as clear as possible on this. This is a GREAT track (far better than 99% of all Newgrounds musical material) and some of the following might be due to personal preference, the fact that I'm listening to an mp3 and not the actual track in all its glory or even plain wrong.

A couple of things about the drums. Probably only due to the mp3 128 bit format, the bass drum isn't coming through a lot and the bass guitar sounds just a little muddy. I am quite sure this wouldn't show if I didn't listen to the track from studio monitors. I would have liked a stronger compression and a more present plate reverb on the snare to give it a few higher frequency harmonics and duration (I liked the 90's snare sound). I presume the drums are programmed, but they don't seem to be written by a drummer. This is only apparent during some of the breaks, but only to a trained ear and a very close listen.

One final note on the solo guitar's Eq. Even though it cuts through the mix, it sounds a bit more mid-high for my liking. A bit too much of that peak around 3-4KHz that is always annoying, especially in lead guitars. A bit more reverb or even a delay and chorus might also have helped in giving it a bigger sound.

But to be completely honest, when bands like Blur had number one hits, despite their extremely crappy sound, it's unfair to ask for anything more than a good song and a decent production. Well, this is a hell-of-a-good-song and a chart-grade production!

If only I could, it would have gotten 11/10 and 6/5!

Wahnsinn responds:

Wow man! Thanks for the mass review. I'm glad that somebody who obviously knows what they're talking about enjoys this tune so much!

Appreciate the constructive criticisms too. I've actually refined my lead tone since this recording. Mostly because I found the same flaws that you did.

The drum beats are written with my drummer supervising at all times, but he does spruce it up a little bit live.

Thanks for the love dude!

Luckiness is a word Luckiness is a word

Very nice!

This is a really cool tune. Happy! It also has a very decent production! Good for you!

krachmaninoff-in love again-l- krachmaninoff-in love again-l-

Nice song!

This is actually a very good song! I won't get into production issues, as I consider that for the type of recording equipment used, it's already sounding good enough!

I love the piano and hammond in this! There is a rock 'n roll/punk feel to the entire song. It's, well, really alternative! And a flanger? What is it on? I can hear it in the guitar, but some times on the drums as well. Was it on the output (or just the effect the cassette added)? This is soooo late '70s! Even though I never like using the term, this is actually genuine as well as musically interesting!

Great work! 9/10 (for the sound quality) and 5/5 for a great piece!

HannsB responds:

thanx gluer, kind words, and I think, you´re right with the 70s.
by the way, it´s a little bit of choir-flanger underlaid by remastering the song.